Thursday, April 30, 2009

Technology in my Room!

1) Technology is the ever changing cutting edge of education. The book speaks very little on technology but offers an occasional insight to some examples that could be used. The books by way of web offer more knowledge into the advancement of tech in the classroom. In my opinion, it is a must that we become advocates for tech in the classroom. Children have a world of information at their fingertips and we must help them discover the goods and bads and the ins and outs.

2) What is tough for me to understand is how to use technology effectively. Web quests are neat, but are often nothing more than reading or writing without the problem solving. I want to discover and help design interactive software that can be utilized by a whole class, not just one student. At our school computer lab time is limited and so our the number of computers. I want to utilize programs that I can lead, but still be engaging for my students.

3) My goal is to really browse the internet this summer in hopes to find programs that fit the above description. I think with right game and some careful planning I could touch a few students that I have been missing with some of my standard lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment